Whether you are considering an apprenticeship, a certificate, a diploma or a degree program, post-secondary education costs money and you need to be prepared for the expense. Scholarships can be a great way to help finance the expense. It's important to note that scholarships are typically based on conditional acceptance from a post-secondary institution, as scholarships are meant to help pay for school. You do not have to be fully accepted into a program at the time you apply for scholarships, but you do not get the money until you actually attend school.
Deadlines are just around the corner!
Red Deer Regional Catholic Education Foundation - May 24 is the deadline to submit your application.
Daughters of Wisdom Social Justice Scholarship - May 24 is the deadline to submit your application.
Notre Dame Awards - May 31 is the deadline to submit your application.
Red Deer Rebels Scholarship - May 31 is the deadline to submit your application.
Eye Studio Scholarship - May 31 is the deadline to submit your application.
ATA Local 80 Scholarships - May 31 is the deadline to submit your application.
Check out the Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries list to find more!
Scholarships, Awards & Bursaries List
Use this list to get started on your search for scholarships, awards & bursaries. Use PDF zoom button to make information easier to read. Refer to the links provided on this sheet to verify the criteria and application information for each award.
Scholar Tree *NEW*
First Nations, Métis, and Inuit:
Nelson's Scholarship for Indigenous Students *Just added - deadline June 28*
Applying to the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship - Updated March 2019
- Students will be able to log into their existing Alberta Student Aid accounts in early August to apply online for the 2019-20 Alexander Rutherford High School Achievement Scholarship.
- The Rutherford Scholarship application was previously made available in early June, however Alberta Scholarships and Awards has aligned all application cycles to August 1.
- Students considering a gap year after high school graduation will still be eligible to apply for Rutherford in August of the year they plan to attend post secondary.
- Students will need both a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and an Alberta Student Number (ASN) in order to apply.
- Once a student’s enrollment or attendance has been confirmed by the post-secondary institution, Alberta Student Aid will mail a cheque directly to the student within one month.
For more information on the Rutherford Scholarship, including eligibility and how to apply, visit:
Post-Secondary Entrance Awards
For students planning to attend post-secondary programs in the fall, entrance awards are available through the institution you will be attending. Entrance awards can be a great source of money to pay for school. Check with your institution directly for information as deadlines and application processes vary by school. Good luck!