School Bus & City Transit Information
All Students are required to be registered online for School Bus Service (both city and county busing). This applies to students wanting to take the City Bus or the County Bus. Students will not be eligible for transportation (City Bus Pass or Rural Bus) until this registration is complete.
Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will open on April 23, 2019. Please register by June 1, 2019. Late registrations for bus service will be processed as best we can. Service may be delayed.
If you will be riding the bus to and from school, please ensure you complete the School Bus Registration Form.
For school bus information and eligibility, please visit rdcrs.ca/schools/school-bus-information.
Transportation fees apply to all students residing less than 2.4 km walking distance from their designated school.
For more information, contact the Transportation Department.
Alberta Education only provides Transportation Funding for students who reside more than 2.4 km (walking distance) from their designated school or their school of attendance.
CITY TRANSIT PASSES
All students living within the City of Red Deer and attending École Secondaire Notre Dame High School and students attending St. Thomas Aquinas Middle School and St. Francis of Assisi Middle School living in the southeast will be transported using City Transit services. Students who are eligible will receive a restricted City of Red Deer Transit pass that is valid for the school year. Upgrades to an unrestricted pass may be purchased for an additional fee. Students who are non-eligible riders may also purchase their bus pass at the school. All passes are valid for the 2018/2019 school year.
For school bus (Yellow school bus) inquiries, please contact our Transportation Department
City Bus Pass Rules
Bus pass rules of operation and ownership:
- Bus passes are now Annual Passes
- At the beginning of the school year, please select either “Restricted” or “Student” pass
- Upgrading from a “Restricted” pass to “Student” pass may be done once, for the pro-rated fee
- If a card is lost, we can replace the card for a $20.00 administration fee. Please note that bus passes are now placed on the back of Student Id cards. Replacement cost for ID cards is $5.
- Students wanting a Bus Pass still have to Register with the RDCRS Transportation Department via the website at https://rdcrs.ca/schools/school-bus-information
- To receive a free “Restricted” pass the student has to be eligible (live a minimum 2.4 Kilometers away from the school), as measured on the RDCRS VersaTrans software system, but still within the City of Red Deer.
- Selecting the upgraded “Student” pass will cost the eligible student $80.00 when the pass is issued
- Any student that has to purchase a pass after the first month, will have the fee pro-rated
- Passes are only to be used by the qualifying student that was originally issued the card
- Any bus pass payment that is returned by the Bank will result in the card being immediately electronically cancelled and must be repaid to the school by cash, Debit or Credit before a replacement card can be issued
- Moving within the City into the 2.4 Kilometer zone will result in the card being electronically cancelled
- Moving within the City outside the 2.4 Kilometer zone will change the student to a Qualifying status
The fee structure for the 2018-2019 bus passes are as follows:
Qualifying student, RESTRICTED pass is free for the school year
Qualifying student, STUDENT pass is $75.00 for the school year
Ineligible student, RESTRICTED pass is $485.00 for the school year
Ineligible student, STUDENT pass is $560.00 for the school year
Download the Bus Status App!
Please download Bus Status at your earliest convenience to continue or to receive school bus notifications from Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools. To install this app, please follow the directions below:
Step 1: Download the Bus Status app by Box Clever.
Step 2: Open the app and select Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools from the list (you only need to select your district the first time you open the app. Bus Status will remember your selection).
Step 3: Go to All Buses. Tap the star to add a bus to My Buses.
Step 4: You’ll receive a notification when one of your buses is Delayed, Cancelled, or Early.
Step 5: Tap the bell icon to see general Notifications from Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools.
School Bus Information
If you will be riding the bus to and from school this fall, please ensure you complete the School Bus Registration Form.
For school bus information and eligibility, please visit https://rdcrs.ca/schools/school-bus-information.
Transportation fees apply for all students residing less than 2.4 km walking distance from their designated school.