Parents/guardians need to register their child(ren) to access this service.
Late registrations for bus service will be processed as best we can. There will be a $50 late fee per student and service may be delayed.
Transportation fees apply to all students residing less than 2.4 km walking distance from their designated school. Alberta Education only provides Transportation Funding for students who reside more than 2.4 km (walking distance) from their designated school or their school of attendance. Please contact your school to inquire about applicable transportation fees.
CITY TRANSIT PASSES
All students living within the City of Red Deer and attending École Secondaire Notre Dame High School and students attending St. Thomas Aquinas Middle School and St. Francis of Assisi Middle School living in the southeast will be transported using City Transit services.
- Students who are eligible will receive a restricted City of Red Deer Transit pass that is valid for the school year.
- Upgrades to an unrestricted pass may be purchased for an additional fee. Students who are non-eligible riders may also purchase their bus pass at the school.
- All passes are valid for the current school year.
Bus pass rules of operation and ownership:
- Bus passes are now Annual Passes
- At the beginning of the school year, please select either “Restricted” or “Student” pass
- Upgrading from a “Restricted” pass to “Student” pass may be done once, for the pro-rated fee
- If a card is lost, we can replace the card for a $20.00 administration fee. Please note that bus passes are now placed on the back of Student Id cards. Replacement cost for ID cards is $5.
- Students wanting a Bus Pass still have to Register with the RDCRS Transportation Department via the website at https://www.rdcrs.ca/transportation
- To receive a free “Restricted” pass the student has to be eligible (live a minimum 2.4 Kilometers away from the school), as measured on the RDCRS VersaTrans software system, but still within the City of Red Deer.
- Selecting the upgraded “Student” pass will cost the eligible student $84.00 when the pass is issued
- Any student that has to purchase a pass after the first month, will have the fee pro-rated
- Passes are only to be used by the qualifying student that was originally issued the card
- Any bus pass payment that is returned by the Bank will result in the card being immediately electronically cancelled and must be repaid to the school by cash, Debit or Credit before a replacement card can be issued
- Moving within the City into the 2.4 Kilometer zone will result in the card being electronically cancelled
- Moving within the City outside the 2.4 Kilometer zone will change the student to a Qualifying status
The fee structure for the bus passes are as follows:
Qualifying student, RESTRICTED pass is free for the school year
Qualifying student, STUDENT pass is $84.00 for the school year (pro-rated)
Ineligible student, RESTRICTED pass is $514.50 for the school year (pro-rated)
Ineligible student, STUDENT pass is $598.50 for the school year (pro-rated)
NEW City of Red Deer Transit Routes
Route 150 and Map
Route 151 and Map
Route 152 and Map
Route 153 and Map