Dual Credit Programs
Dual Credit Programs
We are committed to offering every available advantage to our students with a wide variety of diverse educational experiences and opportunities.
Dual credit programs allow our students to take a post-secondary course, or a series of courses and earn both high school credits, as well as college/university credentials.
For the 2019/2020 school year, we are offering:
- Medical Terminology - Bow Valley College
- Anatomy -Bow Valley College
- Physiology - Bow Valley College
- Psychology - Bow Valley College
- Business Technology - Bow Valley College
- Educational Assistant - Red Deer College
- Hospitality and Tourism - Olds College
- Marketing - Bow Valley College
- Interpersonal and Relationship Communication Skills - Bow Valley College
- Entrepreneurship - Bow Valley College
- Web Design - Bow Valley College
- The Criminal Justice System - Bow Valley College
- Religious Studies - Newman Theological Studies
- Pre-employment welding - Olds College
- Pre-employment automotive service technician - Red Deer College
- Pre-employment agriculture service technician - Red Deer College
For more information on Dual Credit programming, please contact Tracey Millar at email@example.com.
School within a College (SWAC) is a program available to Grade 12 students in their second semester. This unique opportunity allows our students to attend technical training classes at Red Deer College (RDC) starting in February.
This is a pre-employment program, which runs for six hours a day. Students earn nineteen 30 level credits. Students in the program have an opportunity to train with their college instructors for other opportunities, such as Regional Alberta Skills Competitions. At the competition of the course, students are prepared to challenge their first-period apprenticeship exam. Pre-planning is vital to students being accepted into this program, as they must complete many of their graduation requirements by the end of Semester 1.
Programs in SWAC:
- Automotive Service Technician