Class of 2021 Grad Parent Information
Welcome to our Grad 2021 class and parents. While we don’t know exactly what our Graduation ceremony will look like this year we felt it was important to connect with you to give you an overview of what we know at this point.
Things to do
- Be sure to meet with Ms Halter in the Learning Commons, Mr Deschenes in Student Services or Mr Lansing in the main office to review your high school credits and be sure you are on track to graduate.
- In order to graduate from Notre Dame you must have successfully completed
- 30 level English and Social
- 10 credits in additional 30 level courses
- 20 level math and science
- 10, 20 and 30 level Religious Studies or Religions of the World
- PE 10, CALM plus 10 additional credits in CTS, fine arts, second languages or K & E classes
- Students must set up a my pass account to order transcripts, receive diploma results and more. Go to myPass.alberta.ca to request access
- Update mailing and email addresses in Powerschool
- Watch scholarship and post secondary application deadlines
- Keep up with your assignments
- Join instagram to stay up to date with Grad
- To receive messages follow @notredamerdgrad and @notredamerd1
Fundraising fee to help offset costs of the celebration:
- Each Grade 12 student must pay $45 fundraising fee or participate in one of our Grad fundraising options (poinsettias, spring flowers or others that the Grad committee designs)
- Service project participation does not waive fundraising fee
- $45 fee can be paid at the office or when ordering grad tickets online in June
- Option to all grads
- Sell 8 poinsettias and $45 fundraising fee is waived
- Order and payment due on November 17, plants delivered to school on Dec 2
- Appointment booking link goes live on January 4
- Book your appointments online through a link on the ND website
- Lifetouch will be taking photos at Notre Dame February 1-5 and 8-12
- All grads must have a photo taken
- $40 fee for a 20 minute sitting. One change of clothes permitted during your photo session. You will recieve 16-18 proofs
- There is no sitting fee if you choose to have a yearbook photo taken only, however, no proofs will be sent to you.
- It is very important for every grad to have a picture taken for the yearbook and newspaper, whether you are purchasing the package or not.
- Visit www.jostens.com to design your own ring. Angela, the ring lady, will visit the school in semester two.
- Get involved! This is our fundraising focus each school year.
- Pitch week is from Nov. 16-20 at which time the Grad committee will choose this year’s charity.
- 2021 Charity of choice will be announced by the start of December
- Alumni Teams welcomed and encouraged.
- In the last 13 years, Notre Dame has raised almost $700,000 for local and global charities.
Monday, June 28
More information will be provided at a later date. We are unsure what graduation day will look like at this time but we are looking forward to planning with our Grad committee to honour our graduates this year.
Notre Dame High School 403.342.4800
Shannon Nivens, Grad Coordinator